- Air Rides
- Deals and Discounts
- Family friendly
- Meals included
- Per Person Sharing
- Weather dependant
Superbly situated in the lee of Mount Kilimanjaro and sheltered by the volcanic splendour of the Chyulu Hills, this classic stone-built lodge overlooks its own water hole, which is visited daily by elephants, buffalos and a wide variety of plains game. One of the first lodges ever to be built in a park in Kenya, the lodge is cool, tranquil and hushed for optimum game-viewing. It is also ideally placed for visits to all Tsavo National Park’s prime attractions.
Faced in volcanic stone and utilising the natural rocky outcrops of a valley known as ‘the place of the young rhino’, from which it takes its name, the lodge features a thatched central dining area and a rock-built bar, with a viewing terrace looking directly down on to the waterhole.
Our luxury accommodation includes a choice of spacious ensuite rooms, each with their own verandas, some overlooking the waterhole, some the Chyulu Hills, which are one of the world’s youngest volcanic ranges. As for activities, the lodge offers numerous game drives, guided walks, bush breakfasts, volcano climbs and trips to Mzima Springs, a set of crystal-clear ponds, fed by the melt waters of Mount Kilimanjaro, in which the many hippos can be viewed from a submerged chamber.
Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodge is located within the Tsavo West National Park (a short drive from the main Mtito Andei Gate), which lies 280 kilometres from Nairobi, Kenya.
By road: transfers by road from Nairobi take approximately 3 hours.
By air: the airstrip is less than 1 km from lodge, and a ‘meet and greet’ and transfer service can be provided (Please let us know your arrival time in advance).
- 56 rooms (inclusive of 5 suites: all non-smoking)
- Central dining room overlooking the water hole
- Rock-built bar overlooking the water hole
- Dedicated bush dining area
- Garden swimming pool and sundeck
- Gift shop and business centre
- 3 game drives daily with dedicated wilderness guides
- Guided nature walks or bird-watching walks
- Dinner in the bush, breakfast on Lion Rock
- Sundowners on Roaring Rocks
- African theme nights
- Visit to Akamba communities, opportunities to buy Akamba handicrafts
- Akamba dance performances and resident guitarist.
- Satellite TV (in communal areas only).
- 24-hour on-call medical services
- Dedicated stand-alone Conference Centre
- Baby-sitting, family rooms, children’s dining/menus
- Massages, facials, pedicures, manicures
- Board games and library of Africana books
- Special dietary needs catered for with advance notification
- Complete wedding planning service
- Honeymoon suite
There are no reviews yet.
Leave a Review